Wednesday 27 February 2013

I'm feeling a little finish

Or a big finish I guess it depends on how you view it?

So February is almost over, Summer is almost finished, which means here in the southern hemisphere our days start to get shorter and our nights a little cooler.
I must admit though I do love Autumn, it's my favourite time of the year, watching the leaves on the trees start to change colour, it's then I know it's time to get out my crochet bag and start working on my love blanket again. This will be the second autumn/winter I have worked on the blanket (it's basically a granny square which just keeps getting bigger and bigger) and on cold nights DH loves  to snuggle under it whilst I work my square, he gets annoyed when I have to turn the blanket to start a new side as he looses his warm spot.

My goal this year is to finish the blanket before the end of the winter as well as keep up with finishing off my UFO's, my goal is 12 UFO's in 12 months and February's UFO I am proud to say was finished today just in the nick of time too. Presenting my Melbourne tram a UFO since October 2010 I can now gleefully say it's a completed project (insert happy dance here). I still need to gently wash, dry and iron out any creases and will then decided how I will finish it, maybe just a nice frame and given to DH as an Easter or anniversary gift?


Check back next week for an update on my next UFO, if you can really call it that? It's a cross stitch picture my sister in law started 5 years ago before she moved to Canada, she's back in Australia now and found the already started piece of cross stitch whilst she was clearing out some boxes at her mum's place, she was going to throw it away till I stopped her and said I would complete it for her. Am I mad for offering? DH sure thinks so!

Till next week
Take Care
Tilly X

No comments:

Post a Comment