Thursday 1 November 2012

Change is in the air!!

Today is the last time I will be getting up at 3.30am to go to work, I have changed my shift at work and will now be working 4 x 10 hour shifts with Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as my days off, my start time also changes from 5am to 10.45am which means more time to spend with DH in the morning as he starts work at 9.30am. I'm very excited and can't wait to have a sleep in on Monday.

I've been reading a few blogs lately about families and couples that live a frugal life, some do it as they are trying to pay off/down debt, some have lost their jobs or had their hours cut at work, others may want to have enough money to support them during retirement and some do it due to the current state of the economy they just can't afford to spend the way they used too. I mentioned to DH that I would like to trial doing something like not spending for a month to see if it made a difference to how much money we had left at the end of the month but he said he's not too keen on the idea, however as we have separate bank accounts I would be able to trial this on my own, so I have decided not to trial it for a month but to make 2013 my frugal year hopefully to reduce debt (credit cards first, then mortgage) and build up my savings buffer (this will be the re draw facility I have on my mortgage).

Wish me luck

Tilly x

No comments:

Post a Comment